Thursday, April 12, 2012

On the Home Front

 Micah and Caleb came one morning over Easter weekend.  Micah and Davis had a wonderful time playing with vehicles, on the trampoline, and in the sandbox


Megan loves Caleb.  At Christmas time she loved that SHE made him laugh and I think she secretly thinks of him as "hers" when he's around.  She played with him ALL morning long.  When Kaitlyn got tired and wandered off, Megan pushed him on the swing, played in the sandbox, bounced him on the trampoline, played little people...and I didn't get a single picture of the two of them!  What a shame!


Micah and Davis are only 1.5 years apart and I see them enjoying each other more all the time.   I had to laugh when Davis came to me on the sly and asked if I thought Micah would "safe" if they played with legos. It tickled my funny bone, but I'm pleased at his thoughtfulness.


Davis is loving his new cowboy jammies.


Davis and Kaitlyn are growing as buddies more all the time.  I see them starting to pair off against the "big kids" now and then.  Last year we had constant boys vs. girls when we took a vote on something.  I foresee a shift coming.  Will Emily tip the balance for the girls or the littles?


 I made homemade playdough.  (Aren't you proud of me, Machelle?)  I don't like the sticky feel of it, but the kids seem to love having the quantity.



We have three more weeks of school.  I think we all might survive the experience.  Soccer has started and between the three older kids we have practice Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.  Ouch! for the gas tank.  I need to finish a comforter for the girls' bed, three jumpers for this summer, an animal cushion (like everyone else's) for Kaitlyn, and one doll dress for Kaitlyn.  I need to get better organized and finish some projects.

We are on day 74 of our LOA wait.  Life feels like the prayer of :

Please, Lord, give me patience and GIVE IT TO ME RIGHT NOW!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment