Grandpa and Grandma B. gave him the long desired Steelers hat.
He had Josh, Caleb, and Rachel over for pizza and to play the other night.
In other news:
- Jamison won a mile race run by our (mostly) K-5th grade church kids. He even beat Billy Bob (his dad) who ran in Groucho Marx glasses and steel-toed boots and carried Kaitlyn for 1/8 mile. Don't ask... :P
- Kaitlyn ran almost 3/4 of a mile.
- Soccer season starts in a week meaning that gymnastics will probably be over for awhile. Megan started gymnastics in the fall. Her dance teacher moved away so that was no longer an option. Her constant flipping and tumbling made gymnastics a good way to teach her to do it safely. We didn't realize all that it involved or I don't think we would have headed that direction. WARNING: gymnastics moves rapidly toward competition and $$$. She finished one 8 week session and got bumped to the next level. Finished the next session and got bumped to pre-team. Pre-team means two trips a week and moving toward competition. We didn't anticipate this. However, Megan has three characteristics that make it a pretty good sport for her: she's fearless, persistent, and STRONG. (I'm always surprised to see my seven-year-old with biceps.)
- Kaitlyn LOVES gymnastics and is dying to participate herself.
- In the stupid-things-I-have-done-lately category I won the grand prize yesterday. It started out as a gray, morose day but by afternoon was cloudless and sunny. It NEVER occurred to me that this is spring in Appalachia. The van was smelling a little funky so I left the windows down. About an hour later the sky darkened, the driving rain was accompanied by marble sized hail and I watched and never once in fifteen minutes thought about those open windows. That funky smell is more intense than ever. I guess I deserve it.
- Our countertop came early. Kenton installed it, the sink, the stove, and moved in the old fridge and dishwasher yesterday.
- Our project is getting close to completion. We are still married. We do not anticipate needing marriage therapy.
More pictures later...