Friday, March 4, 2011

Primer's on

The drywall was finished this morning. Mom and I started priming after lunch. Everything is a nice, basic, antiseptic shade of white. Tomorrow we start painting...which means I had to commit to a definite shade.

I'm really horrendously bad at choosing the correct shade of paint.
Put it this way, I'm on a first name basis with the paint mixer at the local hardware store.
I'm really more of a three paint can person. Traditionally, I go in armed with a sample of what I envision as the perfect color. One wall later I'm back at the hardware store. Choosing a shade lighter.
On a good day, that's my last trip.

I have a lot of bad days.
That particular store makes so much money off my mistakes they should, at best, name the next bay of their lumber department after me or name me customer of the month. At the least, they should quit mocking me for my lame attempts at achieving the perfect color. It's bad, really bad.
So tomorrow is the day of paint judgement. Do I continue my abominable color record....or do I "roll" into perfect paint choosing heaven?
Good thing the hardware store is open until 4:30 on Saturdays. That's what I call a grace period.

2 comments:

  1. Awww, Holly, you can do it!!!! Actually, my bedroom is not the right yellow color, never has been, but I tired 4 coat to get it "close"..Hope you have a better time!

    ReplyDelete