Monday, January 17, 2011

Appalled

It was a busy Monday.

I don't always get my hair combed as early as I should.

After an evening trip to Wallyworld where I saw several people I knew and stopped at a friend's to pick up something, I discovered...

I NEVER COMBED MY HAIR TODAY!!!

and yesterday wasn't all that great of a hairday either, definitely not worth prolonging overnight and into the next day. . . especially since I had a headache last night and slept with a washcloth on my forehead pushing my bangs up.

I also wasn't wearing any makeup...

I combed IN FRONT OF THE MIRROR both girls' hair, made sure everyone had on "going away" pants (well, I did miss that Davis was wearing barn jeans), everyone had on appropriate winter garb, I remembered my cell phone and grocery list. The car was not on empty. I remembered to pay the gymnastics bill for Megan.

SEE! I'm not a total loser!

BUT

From this I have learned several things:
1. Personal hygiene should start being a greater priority.
2. MY HUSBAND DOESN'T EVEN NOTICE HOW I LOOK! HE DROPPED ME OFF AT WALLYWORLD and never said a word!!!
3. I must not look all that much better when I do bother. . .

Maybe #1 is really not worth worrying about.

Ugh!

4 comments:

  1. Ah, this makes me laugh. In spite of the fact or maybe BECAUSE it hits all too close to home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny! :) Whenever I have a bad hair day in the winter, I just hope that people will think I've been wearing a hat and that's what caused the mess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, ha, ha! Looked fine on the phone. Maybe it's just your hair looks gorgeous whether you comb it or not.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH Holly! This made me laugh. I had as similar experience back in ....the last century. I went to church (yes, our church). Dragged child and diaper bag into Sunday School class (where the lost and found is now)...after the other two children were delivered to their classes. Sat down with a sigh. My dear friend who shall remain nameless leaned over to me and whispered: Did you forget to brush your hair? Alas, I had..and I had big big hair that was a sticking up big big mess. Oh well. I'm probably the only one who remembers it, until now. : )
    And YES, my husband drove us to church and never said a word. He would say then (and now) HONEY I "always" love how you look. : )
    Felicia

    ReplyDelete