Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Maybe It's Three?

When someone gets sick, doctors like to find one cause for it all.  When they don't get better and they don't find that one thing, sometimes it's more than one.

Maybe it's h. pylori, cyclical vomiting, and some long string of letters like SIADH-which means a hormone problem where your body gets rid of too much salt...or some such problem.

I thought we were going home today.  (Well, I68 is closed, so more like to the nearest hotel.)  Emily was strutting the halls this morning pushing a dolly in the stroller and waving and blowing kisses at everyone around.  Then she threw up lunch, and again, and again, and spent the rest of the day fussing and sleeping and puking. 

Maybe tomorrow?  

Bad Christian that I am, we had a plan for the day.  I guess that's off.  

Yes, the big kids will survive.  I'm just so sad that we've changed a lot of plans recently.  And wondering how this will affect the plans coming up.  I know I just need to get through today, but I'm a planner (well, somewhat anyway).  How will this affect Thanksgiving...and Christmas....and maybe I don't need to worry that far ahead, but I am.   

Warning: Please do not quote a Bible verse to me.  I know several on the subject of worrying.  I am already convicted enough.  Prayer is still appreciated.



Milk dud report:   We lost power on the hill around 7:00 last night. The new generator works beautifully.  Thank you, Lord, that Kenton planned well ahead for that drama.

5 comments:

  1. I know I don't comment often, but I read all your updates, and we've been praying for you guys, especially little Emily! May God give you the extra grace you need to get through this rough time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did wake up with you and your family on my mind. I imagine that if I were in your shoes, I'd be quite frustrated right about now. I'd be beyond that. I'm praying for answers for you. I'd want them, too!. You're not bad for being frustrated. But, like you said, you can't focus on tomorrow. Hugs to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying!!! Praying for answers, healing, rest, peace. Just praying!!
    {{{{HUGS}}}}

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I was closer to help you out! Prayers for you and Emily are continuing here....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to each of you. We are so grateful for prayer. Some days we know it is the only thing keeping us from running (and screaming) away from it all.

    ReplyDelete