Wednesday, August 8, 2012

BETTER!

Wow!  I can't thank you enough for the advice and love expressed!  You've given me the gift of caring and love and I couldn't be more grateful!
 
We went against conventional Chinese wisdom and it's working...well, for now at least.  :D
 
After I tried and miserably failed to get Emily to down ANYTHING yesterday, Kenton persuaded her to eat some rice cereal and take a little water.  About an hour later she threw it ALL up.  (Sidenote: How come she only throws up on my watch? He watched it go down and I caught it coming back up.  Our theme song would have to be "What goes down, must come up." )
 
About 45 minutes after she threw that all up, Kenton and the kids brought me some leftover pizza.  Guess who demanded pizza?  Emily LOVES pizza.  I can't imagine downing pizza an hour after vomiting but she did and KEPT IT DOWN.  We found some VERY interesting popcicles at 7-11.  I think it had green tea and beans in it.   She downed most of one and KEPT IT DOWN. 
 
So we are letting Emily MeiPan set the pace.  We're trying to find healthy foods or give her pizza soaked in pear juice or whatever to get some liquid but she hasn't thrown up in almost 24 hours.  Hurray!
 
I just came down to the business center and instead of a drowsy, motionless, emotionless baby lying in the crib, SHE WAS SINGING!  It was BEAUTIFUL!   Finally we are seeing some life again. 
 
We've also discovered that PIZZA is a surefire way to bring a smile to Emily's face. 
 
Go figure! 
 
God's richest blessings to each of you.

2 comments:

  1. Yea!!! Thank you Jesus!! So glad she is feeling better and you are finally getting to see some of her personality. I know how much of a relief this must be to you. Hurray for pizza. (:
    Will continue to cover you and your entire family in prayer.
    Many blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  2. your blog is amazing. new follower!


    watches for women

    ReplyDelete