Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Minnesota

 One of my favorite things about being "home" is watching my kids be loved up by my family.


Emily and Uncle Jeff


Kaitlyn loves my niece Jaycie.  It's special to see Emily feeling the same way.


Three generations of Adamsons.


It was cool for swimming but we spent time on the water anyway.

                                   

Eagle's nest.


Minnesota State Bird - the common loon


Logan and Kaitlyn had a good time together.

                         

The kids loved paddling around on the tubes.


Lots of kids in their private boats.


The littlest cousin.


We did some reading.


Enjoyed sidewalk chalk


had a nail polish party


with all kinds of fancy doo-dads


and crazy people


I got to spend time with my childhood friend Kelly and her three little girls.
Morgan, Andie Jo, and Kayla



Two of my college roommates and I and our spouses had brunch together. 
We haven't all been together for eleven years.  

We had burgers with Bill and Tammi and their kids.
Spent time with the three uncles and my aunts at Crooked Lake.
Planned to stop in Illinois and see Jason and Katie...but that didn't happen.

We went four-wheeling, picked green beans, peas, and raspberries, watched TV, read, shopped, spent time with friends and family, had fireworks compliments of dad and Joey, had s'mores with Jeff and Mandy, had bonfires, rode in the pontoon boat, and generally had a vacation.  
It was nice...except for finding a snake in the basement.  


 Eventually it was time to head for home.


Time to get back to routine

But not without an Emily hospital stop first.  

4 comments:

  1. It looks so beautiful. I know how wonderful it is to visit home again. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Add us to your visit list next time! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Hilary! You NEED to update your blog. :) How is your little one doing?

      Delete
  3. I know...I'm a slacker. There's an update in process. Soon ;-) Keep watching!

    ReplyDelete