Wednesday, February 10, 2010

One more day!

Last night we enjoyed dinner with Marie, Herb, and Annali at Lucy's.  We have really enjoyed getting to know them and plan to continue our friendship back in the states.  It's been a pretty special way to make friends.  :D
 
Botanical gardens.  There's so many beautiful Chinese parks here that I was a little let down.  I love seeing all the people doing people things in the parks.  So many grandparents enjoying their grandchildren.  : )  My favorite thing is to watch the women "dance"  I keep trying to capture it on video but I don't think it's the same.   It was a nice break from Shamian Island.
 
This afternoon we signed papers at the U.S. consulate and swore or affirmed an oath that we were honest about the paperwork for our adoption.  I wonder how many times I've signed words to that effect now? Point being, that Yingying's now completely ours.  Tomorrow Bob picks up her passport for us and Friday we head for Hong Kong and home.   Woooohooo!  

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you guys on your final leg of the journey :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We made great friends on our trip and I miss them. We live in NY and the couple we became the closest to live in Wisconsin Ugh!!! But we have already met the husband when he was near here on business and the wife and I talk on the phone every week!!! Enjoy the trip home!!!!
    Kathie in NY

    ReplyDelete