Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Tuesday in Guangzhou

Did some shopping this morning.  Took "red couch" pictures with our group this afternoon.  Walked some more on "the island."  Took a nap.  Now heading for supper. 
 
We've loved most of our time in China but a bit saturated at this point.  It's time to come home.  Met a lot of really special people.  Some we plan to keep in contact with when we return to the states.
 
Someone told me today that leaving is bittersweet.  My child is leaving her homeland, possibly for good.  It is beautiful here and the people have been lovely to us.  I know that her memories of this special place will probably not last long.  That seems very sad to me.   I think as a family we need to plan to come back.  The trouble will be deciding what is a must see and what will have to be missed...... : D 
 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Holly, sooo glad to her you got yinging! :) I can't wait to see her!! Miss You! :)

    ReplyDelete